The Annual Meeting of the Voters of our congregation was held Sunday, January 28.
- Treasurer David Stange reported that finances of the congregation and school are in satisfactory order and reviewed our security procedures for making payments. Since we are on a fiscal year, a complete audit will be made after our fiscal year ends in June. Our finance committee is also working to consolidate our organizations’ finances into dedicated funds.
- Elections for open positions on our Council and Boards were held.
Elected to the Council were:
- Jesse Benike, Erv Loest, and Don Schultz.
- New officers will be elected to specific positions at the February Council meeting.
- Scott Wittnebel, Noah Trimmer and Jeff Schlegel have completed their terms of service. We thank them for their time and efforts serving on the Council.
2023 Council Members (+Departing officers):
Tim Welch – President
Jayme Roll – VP
+Scott Wittnebel – Secretary
David Schumann– District Elder Chairman
Gene Nimmer– Board of Property and Maintenance Chairman
+Jeff Schlegel – Board of Education Chairman
Duane Swenson – Financial Secretary
Steve Seim– Insurance Liaison
+Noah Trimmer–Council Member at large
- Board of Education: Jason Runke was reelected.
2024 Board of Education Members:
+Jeff Schlegel – Chairman
Duane Ohland – Good Shepherd Representative
- Board of Property and Maintenance: Don Cigelske was reelected.
2023 Board of Property and Maintenance Members: Gene Nimmer – Chairman
- Special written reports were reviewed:
- Membership actions of 2023 were approved.
- Other reports were also reviewed.
- Old Business
- Sanctuary Restoration. In the advisory survey, the majority selected design two, which had blue highlights on the ceiling of the transepts, and that was approved by a unanimous vote. The work will begin on February 5. See the Newsletter for details about worship during the project.
- New Business
- Three changes in the bylaws were approved:
- Because we are now on a fiscal year, (July -June) Article I, Section 1, was changed so that meetings of the congregation are designated thus: January, Annual Meeting. Third quarterly meeting will be the Budget Meeting. Other meetings will simply be called “Quarterly Meetings.”
- Article IV, a distinction is made between release, which is requested by a member, and removal, which is for “those with whom we have been unable to communicate, despite our diligent efforts to do so.”
- Article VIII, Section 2, Audit committee shall consist of three people or an outside firm or individual may be asked to conduct or assist in an audit.